How your dermatologist in Savannah, GA, can help with acne
Acne can be embarrassing. You may want to hide from people when you have an acne breakout. Acne can also be painful, causing large bumps on your face and body. Whatever type of acne you have, your dermatologist has a treatment option for you. Dr. Adam Pritzker at Savannah Dermatology Clinic in Savannah, GA, provides a wide range of dermatology services, including treatment of acne.
Acne can appear as different types of blemishes including whiteheads, blackheads, and painful cystic acne. Acne blemishes are caused by dead skin cells, excess oil, dirt, and debris clogging up your pores. Acne blemishes can also be caused by bacteria forming an infection in your pores.
You may have tried over-the-counter acne treatments, but these often contain harsh chemicals which can irritate your skin. When you have acne, you owe it to yourself to consult your dermatologist, who can prescribe several treatment options, including:
- Products containing benzoyl peroxide, which work by clearing blocked pores
- Topical and oral antibiotics, which kill the underlying bacteria infecting your pores
- Hormonal acne treatments, which are highly effective to treat hormone-related acne
- Tretinoin products, which clear out material blocking your pores, to eliminate blackheads and whiteheads
- Extraction treatment, which uses an instrument to completely remove whiteheads and blackheads
- Laser light therapy, which uses heat and light to kill the underlying bacteria causing acne
When you have acne, it’s important to avoid picking or popping your blemishes, because this habit can leave scarring. Fortunately, your dermatologist has treatment for acne scars too, including:
- Chemical peels
- Laser light therapy
- Skin resurfacing treatments
Your dermatologist can help you get relief from embarrassing, painful acne and acne scarring. To find out more about acne treatment options and how your dermatologist can help you enjoy clear skin, call Dr. Adam Pritzker at Savannah Dermatology Clinic in Savannah, GA. You can reach him in the office by calling (912) 352-8974, so call today.